Siting a boiler near a window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can a boiler flue be located 700-800mm away from a small W/C window?

Sponsored Links
You will no doubt be told that your Gas-safe installer is aware of the relevant requirements which, I believe is 300mm minimum

Sponsored Links
I needed this info too recently as I needed to plan the positioning of the boiler well before getting the installer on board.

Yes I am sure he will, but I need to make decision now relating to the layout of a room and W/C partition and where the boiler is more than likely to go. Dont want a plumber 2 months down the line telling me it's not possible to put the boiler there when its too late.

Looking at page 50, assuming a 30kw combi boiler, looks like I require 600mm clearance from a window (so I should be fine).
I also just realised it will be only 300 or 400mm away from an external back door, but I'm not clear from the table how far that should be???

I would interpret an opening as either a door or a window so the same, provided it is not under a carport which would be 1200 as shown

600mm is for a natural draught boiler. Think you'll find your selected new boiler, which will also be condensing, will have a "fanned" flue which means 300 is OK

For another property, I understood that as my boundary line is about 500mm away from my wall flue, we can overcome this issue by having the flue come out of the wall and point up like a vertical flue and that will be complaint?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back