Siting new shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Simple question. Never had a shower enclosure before and i am probably fretting unnecessarily but which wall inside the enclosure is best for showrring comfort when fitting the shower mixer unit in an offset quad enclosure?

We have a shower over the bath and due to space we can only fit a 1000 X 800 offset quad in a corner. Would the mixer unit be better fitted on the wider or shorter wall side of the quad for comfort when showering? Siting where the electric shower is at present would put it on the wider wall (800mm behind you and 1000mm shoulder to shoulder)

Hope I have explained myself good enough. Thanks Shaun.

Sponsored Links
For showering the outlet (wall mounted or slider rail is usually better on the short wall so that it's easier to step forwards and backwards in and out of the spray pattern, without backing into the screen. I usually try and site the valve on the wall opposite the door to the enclosure so that it can be operated without the user having to get soaked, but that's on larger enclosures and it has to be reachable from under the spray too. Then you have your digital showers which can have a remote control outside the enclosure.
Above all, its personal choice really and whatever suits you.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, more room to get from under the spray for lathering purposes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back