Siting of a gas boiler flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previous posting on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:00 pm by misstee discussed the remedies to a problem flue that protruded 10cm out of a neighbour's garage wall over the boundary line of the person's property. Many good points seemed to be applicable to a solution to my issue which is:-

My neighbour's heating boiler exhaust is situated approx 2m from the boundary fence. When the boiler ignites and is running the noise level is very much above ambient and is also audible inside the bedrooms of my property.
There is no vertical deflector, ducting or any form of visible noise deflection/abatement system on the flue exit.
Should the installer/have made sure that the installation did not cause an increase in noise levels to the detriment of those in the the surrounding environment (semi rural Hampshire)?
Could Corgi be approached for their assessment?
What potential practical solutions could there be i.e. vertical sound deflection, ducting, that I might suggest to the neighbour (in the most friendly way....) could be undertaken to minimise this intrusive noise that I experience from 6am to late at night?

Any suggestions/advice would be most appreciated
Dj :confused:

Sponsored Links
His flue is a good distance from your boundary.

As you cannot measure the noise level we have no way of knowing what it is.

Its most likely that you are ultra sensitive to noise.

I once had to measure noise levels at a TV relay station at Winchester during the middle of the night. It was very low at about 33-34 dBA peaking to about 40 when there was a train or lorry in the distance.

The whole question depends on the boiler type and when it was fitted. It might just be a noisy one like an Ideal Response or it might be faulty.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back