size of trac pipe

Sponsored Links
well i guess if most boilers now need a 22mm gas feed to them then i guess anything from 22 to 28 can be used if your running a 5 burner hob as well.

Sponsored Links
well i guess if most boilers now need a 22mm gas feed to them then i guess anything from 22 to 28 can be used if your running a 5 burner hob as well.

Comments like this are exactly the reason you should not be contemplating gas work. :rolleyes:

I guess resistance/length factors don't have any bearing on the subject. :D

once again, all i want to do i just run the pipe and not connect it. cant see no harm what im doing. all the gas fitters (a) cant be bothered to turn up on time and (b) only interested in quoting for a job if its to be done straight away. just trying to get some preperation work out of the way first. i dont see im doing anything wrong.

Het shanie , why not get the 'gasman' to call in and ask him what size gas pipe he would recommend for you to install.

if your refering to british gas, already had them out and once again there only interested in starting it within a certain time frame. the route they was going to take has changed, and have gone for a more straight forward route.

Give it up mate. No ones going to tell you what you want to hear. Get a proper gas fitter/company to come and quote and do the works. There are plenty of good ones about.

have a plumber I know come today and he said he was more then happy for me to run the pipe and for him to connect it up, also 28 would be fine. thanks to the comments on here saying I shouldnt run it myself. what are you worried about that I might actually do a better job then what you would lol.

some plumbers are like that aren't they however an RGI may have a different view

i wouldn't mind if 100% of the pipe was visible, anything concealed and i wouldn't touch it.

I wouldn't turn up and connect 2 ends of a pipe I couldn't see all of.

Also u assume 28mm is over sizing. Until you work out the length, resistance and required consumption from your boiler and hob you may be undersized

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back