Sizing Tanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to install a y plan vented central heating system and I need some help with choosing the correct size of the tanks.
The usage will be 1 power shower 2 baths and 3 sinks. The sinks cold feed will come from the rising main the rest from the loft tank. It is unlikely that any of the baths and shower will be used at the same time.
I am having a 50000 btu boiler fitted.
With this in mind what would be the best size for the cold water storage tank, and hot water cylinder. Is a 4 gallon tank OK for the CH header?
Please don’t flam me on this one. I will be getting a CORGI block to install the boiler, check and commission the system.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a normal system to me a standard 45 gallon tank so be plenty if its only providing the hot water

as for the F & E tank a little one will do you fine.

Thanks corgiman.

It will be providing the cold feeds for the power shower and baths as well. Is this still OK or do I need to go a bit bigger and is a 900x450 cylinder going to have the capacity to supply a 1.5bar pump.

Thanks again for you assistance
Dave

Depends on how long a shower you want?

Try and get the biggest cylinder that can fit where you want it.

Dont forget to insure that it is Part L compliant Tee hee.

Sponsored Links
Its all part of an extension so I'm building the cupboard around the tank.

Part L
I think I'm having to use more insulation than bricks and wood :)

Thanks again.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back