SKIM COAT COST:

Not sure how far you have to travel these days for work? - obviously not too far for a small job else you have to factor in your travel time and fuel costs.!
my work is mostly site work and sites tend to spring up all over the place, so i do a fair bit of traveling and im not the only one, yes i do take fuel costs into account before taking a job, i normally have a radious of 60 miles, and will stretch that somewhat when the moneys right,
tbh and fair if your job was down here you could get it done for about £80
theres lots of spreads down here that will snap your hand off for your little job, there is somone advertising in the papers and his ad read"rooms skimmed from £80" i even had one of them phone me up yesterday asking for work he had found my number on the internet, dont forget its only about 3 hours work max your job is, providing the boards are ok and ready to go, are the boards level have you got a nice straight ceiling line?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the insight Steve - I guess you do have to travel some distance these days as new-builds are thin on the ground and smaller local jobs won't keep you busy enough.
I didn't want to be too smart-alec but I was fairly sure mine was only a half-day job ie about 3-4 hours work. It all looks quite regular to me - certainly the guy who gave me the quote made no adverse comments.

Regards.

Have you got it done yet ? - top end of M23 is do - able for us . I guess we could squeeze it in @ £150 total ;) . Really to get a foothold near the M25 - work is Dead in Sussex :cry: Just checked the mileage/travel time . Yes we`ll do it . You can email me if you like - profile has my email address included :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back