Skimming Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to get all the walls skimmed in my flat (Living room, kitchen, hall, bathroom + 2 bedrooms) I've decided it's best to get a pro in to do this for me. Can anyone tell me what sort of disruption this involves. Will I need to move out for a couple of days / weeks?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you can move out I would!! It is really messy!!! Get everything out and be prepared with rubber gloves and hot soapy water afterwards as it take lots of scrubbing to get rid of the residue on floors, doors etc!! On wood thats not painted or just stained clean off immediatelyas it soaks in. Rather you than me!!! :LOL:

How old is the flat? or the building it is in?

ive been scimming all my life and never dropped as much as a egg cup full. It can be done with the greatest of ease quickly and cleanly,but be careful theres a lot of cowboys out there. Any way got to go now av left my horse tied up outside.

Sponsored Links
The flat's about 100 years old. I've replaced quite a few on the old plaster walls (with plasterboard) and at least two of the ceilings need skimmed too. Might be a good excuse to get away for a few days if there's any money left. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back