Plasterboard

Yep, me too. I have replaced every ceiling in my house, (built 1890ish) and have taken the opportunity to examin/treat for woodworm etc. I have also rewired the lighting circuits and upstairs ringmain.
Yes, it makes one hell of a mess, but it's well worth it in my opinion.
The larves make excellent kindling for the open fire too!!

I made my own props to help fit the new plasterboard. just a very long "T". 8' long, and about 3' across. Still needed two people though.

We called in a plasterer to skim over the new ceilings for a nice smooth finish, all in all, a very pleasing result.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

If I detect any woodworm on the ceiling can I treat this by my self? meaning, can I buy any chemical stuff from my local DIY store?

Thank You

Most woodworm treatment are chemical free,they are many brands.Cuprinol is the most popular. See this

flashbang said:
I made my own props to help fit the new plasterboard. just a very long "T". 8' long, and about 3' across. Still needed two people though.
That's the most popular way of doing it.

I have hired a panel lift before as I working on my own,what a dream it was.The picture show a panel lift up to 16' but you can get one for 8' x 4' plasterboard.

panel_lift_worker.jpg

Sponsored Links
Now that's just plain CHEATING.....:cool:
What a wonderful gadget..
Hmmmmm Christmas is coming. :LOL:
Flash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back