Skirting with gloss paint on it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like, at some point, to repaint some skirting board which currently has black gloss paint on it. I would like to repaint it with black again but this time with a "non-gloss" finish. Should I sand the skirting board slightly or can I just prime again and paint?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Fully sand and apply finish coat.

Oddly enough,I am faced with a similar task but customer wants me to use quick-drying black satinwood as it's a commercial premises and she doesn't want to close for longer than a day or so..

Does it exist? (Presumably wb). Who makes it?

Sponsored Links
Would totaly agree with vibrobullit407, the Crown solo satin black is one of the best to use. Had to do some quaint old Cotswold offices back last year and the client spec wanted 'non' gloss black so tried the solo as an alternative, it did the trick and after a quick sand over, covered up all the bashed skirtings in the one coat.
I now keep a tin of it on the van to do any touch up jobs.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I was offered some Rustins water-based black satinwood at my local independent paint shop, but if the Crown is self-undercoating, I'll go for that.

Is the Crown Solo waterbased?

Thanks for the recommendation.

I was offered some Rustins water-based black satinwood at my local independent paint shop, but if the Crown is self-undercoating, I'll go for that.

Is the Crown Solo waterbased?

The solo mentioned is oil based. What I was recommending in your situation is bedec multi surface paint. This comes in a water based satin finish. Ideal for a commercial enviroment. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back