skoda octavia 2006 air bag light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after recently cleaning my car have noticed the air bag light is on the dash board cant seem to remove it now any ideas has any one had the same problem

Sponsored Links
in what way have you cleaned the car?
because that could be a clue,have you disturbed something?

or it might be the clock spring within the steering wheel that needs to be replaced?thats if your version has 1?

maybe the fault code/s need to be read so you know exactly what is wrong.
something like vag-com but you will need to obtain the obd-11 cable.

Check under the front seats mate.....if your vacuum cleaner has split apart the connections for the seat belt tensioners, the air bag light will be on, as its on the same circuit.
John :)

Does the car have airbags in the seats? Take a look under the drivers and passengers seats to see if there is any wiring there which could have come loose.
The only way to be really sure which airbag circuit is in fault is to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine capable of displaying the airbag control diagnostic data.

Sponsored Links
Check under the front seats mate.....if your vacuum cleaner has split apart the connections for the seat belt tensioners, the air bag light will be on, as its on the same circuit.
John :)

I agree, hopefully you wont have to get the fault codes reset.

i know these cars very well,and just by moving the seat back can cause the connection to ya side air bag in the seat to very briefly go open circuit
al you need to do is find somebody who can just erase the codes and the light will go out....it does happen alot when people clean their cars and worse still with cars with multiple drivers
hope this hepls

Back