Skrim tape question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I’m plasterboarding a wall with internal angles but not doing the joining walls so I won’t be able to apply skrim tape.

How would you deal with this and stop it cracking etc? Are there tricks or techniques?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It always cracks and the decorator applies caulk when decorating.

Alternatively, apply the tape as normal and skim the wall. On the other wall, apply easi-fill over the tape and feather out. Sand it down and decorate.

Thanks for that, I see what you mean. I’ve just worked out that the wall I’m going to be over boarding is dot and dabbed to the block work. How would you suggest I overboard it?

The original plasterboard is well attached to the block work. I’m over boarding it as there as cut out and whole in it so rather than spend ages filling them with offcuts I have some spare PB’s so was going to overboard and skim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back