sky + box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a problem with my box i can not get it off standby, have spoken to sky and they say the box is no good, of course they want a charge for new box plus call out charge, can anybody help with this problem

Sponsored Links
Surely Sky have offered to help?

Or are you angling for a free replacement? :rolleyes:

I had this same problem.
Phone Sky and tell them you want to cancel and why.
They will more than likely send out an engineer and swap the box for free to keep your custom. This will save you a £60 engineer call out fee before you start !
The new box will only have a 3 month warranty though.

I may well be wrong here, but doesn't it say in the blurb that the equipment belongs to sky, and must be surrendered on request etc etc. If this is so, why would you, the customer have to pay when their equipment has become faulty? You don't pay for TV repairs, if you are foolish enough to rent one.

I know this seems incompatible with the fact that you can purchase sky equipment insurance, but this seems should really only cover negligence / accident on your part. If the box simply stops working, surely it should be down to sky to replace their equipment?

Sponsored Links
I thought the Sky contract lasts for one year, after which all equipment belongs to you.

Sorry if this is a bit obvious but have you tried turning it off at the mains for a few minutes and then back on again?
:oops: well it worked for me.

None of the equipment belongs to Sky. the normal Sky box is the one they give you free. the Sky+ box has to be bought by the customer so it also belongs to you.

Just another thought - this has happened to me a couiple of times and if I do a software update it seems to come back up.

Pull the mains cable from the back
Push and hold the backup button on the front of the actual box
whilst still holding the backup button plug the mains cable back in
hold the button for around 20 seconds and "updating software" should appear on your TV screen
The update process takes about 15 minutes but usually gets me out of these kind of problems..

Cheers,
Jamie.

Sponsored Links
Back