virgin set top box help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya guys and girls,

ive got virgin media, i was just wondering before i went out and made an effort, ive got 2 set top boxes (one given by a friend who quite rightly went back to sky! ) what im wondering is can i use one card and have a box upstairs running off the main one?

or do i have to give in and pay for them to come connect it and charge me extra for 2 boxes??

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
First off, the 2nd box that you were given is not yours.

It is still the property of Virgin Media & your friend was wrong to give it to you, instead it should have been returned to VM.

You cannot just connect it up & expect to see anything.
You will need to subscribe & rent the equipment off of VM.

Sorry but unless this box is illegally chipped it is virtually useless to you and any viewing will undoubtedly cost you money.

Just to reiterate what matty said really.
The ONLY good thing about Virgin is that because the equipment is always theirs (you just rent it), they will always fix it should it go wrong.
BUT, they usually want it back when you cease contract with them.
So, be mindful of your mate asking for it back as soon as Virgin start feeling his collar.
Its is useless anyway...as matty said.

Sponsored Links
well... if you plug it in and it works (which it may sometimes do for a short time after the contract has been finished) you could use a cable splitter off to it.
However at some point shortly it would cut off.
usually just after you have take the floorboards up & laid a new coax to the bedroom, bought the splitter & installed it all, made cocoa & opened the hobnobs ready to watch a film in bed :D

thanks for the replies, ive got it done now, got help from elsewhere, both boxes working no hacking, chipping needed.

Back