sky hd good news /bad news

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The good news is I have found out today that you can buy a sky hd box, from Comet, for £149 including installation as long as you buy something else. It can be just a packet of batteries for £4.
The normal price for the box including installation is £299.
The bad news is the offer was for 3 days only and finished today.
Unfortunately I only found out at the last minute and just managed to get one before the store closed otherwise I would have put the info on the forum
Ah well it,s not often I get a bargain :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Moz asked

do you mean a sky+ receiver /box ?

Yes, the box that enables you to record and receive hd programmes on an hd tv.

No, a Sky+ and a sky HD box are different. A don't think a normal sky+ box can receive HD?

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
No, a Sky+ and a sky HD box are different. A don't think a normal sky+ box can receive HD?

hoo hoo hoo looks like this block head has made a c,ock up

Eddie M said

No when you upgrade to receive hd they simply replace your existing sky + box with a box that is capable of receiving both sky+ and hd.
There is very little difference externally in the two boxes.
By the way in addition to the cost of the box you have to pay an additional £10 per month to receive the hd programmes.

anobium said:
Eddie M said

No when you upgrade to receive hd they simply replace your existing sky + box with a box that is capable of receiving both sky+ and hd.
By the way in addition to the cost of the box you have to pay an additional £10 per month to receive the hd programmes.

Its another con try c band its free and a better picture.

sky recently upgraded me too sky+ with box an installation £149

BOB DOPE said

Go to your local Comet tommorow and check it out thicko!

BOB DOPE said

Its another con try c band its free and a better picture

Please clarify

Moz said

True Moz, but you will not be able to receive the hd signal with that box, you will have to upgrade to an hd box in due course.
They will no doubt come down in price in the next twelve months.

sky told me if I wanted HD it was a free upgrade with the extra £10 a month subs ....
anyway its far too dear as it is already £42 a month now ....

anobium said:
BOB DOPE said

Go to your local Comet tommorow and check it out thicko!

BOB DOPE said

Its another con try c band its free and a better picture

Please clarify

Moz said

True Moz, but you will not be able to receive the hd signal with that box, you will have to upgrade to an hd box in due course.
They will no doubt come down in price in the next twelve months.

Bob doesn't do comets or asteriods anymore. Not after otto stole his sanity and sped off at galactic speeds to destinations unknown ;)

anobium said:
apart from one is black and curvy and the other is beigey and square.

Just an update on this topic.
Sky engineers came and fitted HD box on the day they promised for the price agreed £149 including installation.
Everything working perfectly. :D :D
However due to an admin error they finally accepted they had overcharged me by £299. :) :)
OK partly my fault as I cancelled initial order for box at full price. :oops: :oops:
What a job trying to speak to somebody to sort it out. :( :(
Today rang sky number, explained problem, and was eventually told after going through all the details that I would need to speak to London office who would be able to arrange credit. :confused: :confused:
After several minutes on hold, London office asked who I was, and what was the problem. :mad: :mad:
Went through everything again, and was told I needed to speak to accounts dept, and that they would transfer me through .
After several minutes on hold lady in accounts dept responded and asked, in a rather strange accent what was the problem. :cry: :cry:
I asked the lady on the phone in what country was she based , , and you've guessed it, it was India.
After I don't know how many minutes in which she could not understand me, and I could not understand her, she eventually managed to say that I had not been overcharged, she said that she was going to transfer me to somebody who would be able to explain the breakdown of the charges. :evil: :evil:
Once again after being on hold for several minutes a voice answered, again with a rather strange accent.
When I asked if I was back in England, he said rather sharply, or so I thought, no you are speaking to somebody in Scotland. :oops: :oops:
I have never been so pleased to hear a Scottish voice.
Every credit though, even though it wasn't his job he sorted everthing out in about 10 minutes.
:D :D :D
Total time on phone 58 minutes, God knows how much that will cost me.
Why is it that these companies think that they can get away with this sort of customer service, it would'nt be anything to do with the fact that they have a monopoly would it.!
I know that if I had a choice that I would change to another supplier,
but unfortunately I don't have a choice in this neck of the woods.
Get your act together sky. :evil: :evil:
PS, You don't think that they gave me the run around to recoup the savings I made on the hd box in the telephone charges , do you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

we had trouble with a sky engineer who didnt do the job we got charged for. We went straight through to customer services and got the name of the women in charge at head office. Have to say they were very good, refunded the money, 6 months free subscription.

Sponsored Links
Back