Sky HD multiroom cable question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a customer that wants to use multiroom and has subscribed to the service and got the 2nd box today.

However she lives in a council block of flats which is 17 floors high she is on the 7th and there is only One single feed into her flat and the council say that is all will get ( I always thought HD had to have 2 feeds, but her current set up works with one).

Her friend on the 11th floor has got multiroom working and I am not usre how or what to suggest.

There seems to be no access to the dish end of the installation.

I have read a simular post but the link showed a system that need accress to the dish end and needs two feeds.

Anyone know what I should fit?

Thanks

Martin

Sponsored Links
On A Sky+ or SkyHD system you can go into the engineering setup menu and tell it that there is only 1 feed so it wont try to use the 2nd one and receive no signal.

There is no way to have multiroom unless you run the RF out from one box through to tvs in another room together with a sky eye unit. Everyone still shares the one box though which is not really multiroom.

The sky boxes sent a couple of signals back up the cable to switch between H and V polarization and between the two frequency bands so there is no way of splitting a cable.

Have a work with your local satellite & aerial supply wholesales. They'll be best placed to give you advice.

As some general advice on Sky+ and Sky+HD, the boxes will work with a single feed but you don't get to use all the features.

If you have Sky+ then you'll know you can record one channel while watching another. That's down to the box getting two signals from the dish. With only a single feed you can record what you watch, or record a channel while watching a previous recording, but not the watch one record another function.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back