Sky Lantern

Sponsored Links
Its very secure. You wont be able to lift a sheet of glass stuck down with sealant, no way.

Sponsored Links
Its very secure. You wont be able to lift a sheet of glass stuck down with sealant, no way.

Not as secure with a screwed down framing kit or something, the whole thing does not sound right, the sealant is holding it in, surely the glass can just be pulled up with a bit of force.

Not as secure with a screwed down framing kit or something, the whole thing does not sound right, the sealant is holding it in, surely the glass can just be pulled up with a bit of force.
Easier to unscrew something rather than deglaze a wet glazed window.

I appreciate the concern, but it is misplaced.

No burglar would consider a flat roof light as the best point of entry. They are far more likely to get through a door or window.

Its not uncommon for a burglar to remove a whole window frame -remove trims and hacksaw through 4 frame fixings. Much easier than climbing on a roof

My concern would be less about burglars and more about how it will look in 2 years. Had skylights in my old lounge which I only cleaned once, before selling the house. Were green. What way does the roof face? (I don't like roof windows!)

My concern would be less about burglars and more about how it will look in 2 years. Had skylights in my old lounge which I only cleaned once, before selling the house. Were green. What way does the roof face? (I don't like roof windows!)
And self clean glass wont work flat, it needs to be above 10 degs

Roof faces SW.

What about smashing it?

But yes I can see that the really thick burglars may well scale up the downpipe, pull themselves over the eaves, clamber across the roof tops, take the skylight off than then drop themsleves 3m to the floor below. Rather than jemmy the door or window in the back garden.

What about smashing it?

But yes I can see that the really thick burglars may well scale up the downpipe, pull themselves over the eaves, clamber across the roof tops, take the skylight off than then drop themsleves 3m to the floor below. Rather than jemmy the door or window in the back garden.

Proposed Extension roof, (not main house roof).

My current lean to has a very insecure door, that leads to my main door via teh back into my house, a few years ago over the summer periods we never used to lock that door, never once had an intruder, we were very lucky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back