Sky Lantern

Roof faces SW.
might not be so bad - but our windows were west facing, got the full force of the afternoon sunshine, and still got covered in green algae or whatever it was. etc.
Also, pray pigeons don't find it, as if they do, they'll stand there and crap all over it!
At least in the summer, when you get the full force of the sun from above burning through the roof, the moss wont grow ...
#windowsinwallsnotroofs :)

Sponsored Links
might not be so bad - but our windows were west facing, got the full force of the afternoon sunshine, and still got covered in green algae or whatever it was. etc.
Also, pray pigeons don't find it, as if they do, they'll stand there and crap all over it!
At least in the summer, when you get the full force of the sun from above burning through the roof, the moss wont grow ...
#windowsinwallsnotroofs :)

Thanks, very true.

Methinks an automatic centre punch would make short work of getting through that window.
Burglars these days do not spend time and effort opening windows, doors etc. when they can break them.

Come to think of it, taking a few unnailed tiles off an extension roof, cutting the felt and then stepping in has got to be the easiest way in, and does not even involve trying to lever a glued heavy pane of glass or noisily smashing it and then diving into the thousands of sharp fragments. I hope burglars are not reading this thread and then realising how easy their life could be. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Someone broke into a bank or jeweller or something that way, came in next door and knocked through the party wall! Nice thinking there.

Most burglars go through the front door these days - so many people don't lock their doors nowadays - these new locks that appeared locked from outside give a very false sense of security. I've done away with ours - can no longer lock myself too (not that I ever have!)

Most burglars go through the front door these days - so many people don't lock their doors nowadays - these new locks that appeared locked from outside give a very false sense of security. I've done away with ours - can no longer lock myself too (not that I ever have!)
We've locked ourselves in quite a few times, but its OK as we break out through the skylight. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back