Sky - Moving to another room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Firstly thank you in advance for reading and any replies of help.

Ok, at present i have all my devices hooked up to my TV in the Living room on the 1st floor.
My partner wants the wires or devices on show so have googled and looked at many websites and i think i have a grip on what to do, well in the whole.

I've decided that i will move all my devices to the ground floor and will store then under the stairs hidden.

In order to do this i will have to replace all the cabling as i will need greater length.

I've read many sites and the choice of cables to go from the sky dish to the box baffles me, so that is my first question, which cable is best?

Secondly how do i fill the holes that i will drill through my exterior walls to stop damp etc penetrating over time.

Thirdly how do i weatherproof the cables as i will also have an HDMI cable running outside. i dont really want to cover them with trunking and again google results mention about silicone, but can i find anything to bush on the wiring, erm nope.

I'm sure you clever people can help and i'm sorry if these are all simple questions.

Thanks again

Matt

Sponsored Links
which cable is best?
Depends on what you mean by "best". See http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/extend_cable.htm

Secondly how do i fill the holes that i will drill through my exterior walls to stop damp etc penetrating over time.
Drill 10mm hole. Stick Blu-Tack into it on the outside, or silicone rubber or even mud. Anything will do. Then fit a cover:
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/brick_burst.htm

Thirdly how do i weatherproof the cables as i will also have an HDMI cable running outside. i dont really want to cover them with trunking and again google results mention about silicone, but can i find anything to bush on the wiring, erm nope.
I use ordinary outdoor paint. Put on a good thick oily coat.

How do you plan to run an HDMI cable outside? The plugs are moulded on and you'll need a darn big hole to push them through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back