SKY Reception problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just re routed my sky+ cabling (2 cables) as I was not happy with the original cable run and replaced both in a continuous run, no splits, from the dish in new co-ax cable to the box.

However I am now unable to get certain channels at all, I admit the majority of these channels are shopping channels I don't watch and Movies for Men!!?

In setup I have very good signal strength and very good signal quality on both inputs but still unable to get certain channels. Any ideas?

The cable connections have been checked and are secure and no copper strands are touching the inner copper lead, the cable is normal co-ax, white, was bought from B&Q on a 25m drum is the cable incorrect?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi there, you need to replace the cable run with a double screened version with a foil screen either CT100 or RG6 or similar. Normal co-ax is not suitable.

Hope this helps!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back