Sky TV no picture on some chanels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sky HD box pic1 as it was, followed various helps, now got pic2. Checked connections etc. Get error message 'no signal' only on some channels.
Do I need a Sky engineer or is a DIY job?

Attachments

• sky_2.jpg
    sky_2.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 171
  • ski_1.jpg
    ski_1.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 165
Sponsored Links
As there is no signal on input 1, there are only a few options:
Most likely is a loose/damaged connection either at the box or at the LNB (dish).
Less likely is damage to the cable
Even less likely is LNB failed, or faulty box.

Swap the two cables on the back of the box - if the no signal moves to input 2 then it's cable/connections/LNB.
If the problem remains on 1 then the box is faulty.

Given the fairly mediocre results in picture 1, you may be better to call Sky and have them deal with it.

We had similar a while ago. At the dish - the bolt holding the little box thing to the arm was missing so the box thing was moving about. A new bolt cured it.

HeHe, before anyone else calls me a knob/dick/sillArse.
Gave it some thought last night, checked this morning & my thought was right.
My dish is mounted at ground level, I had a plant that had grown up a few feet in front that had blocked the line of sight.
Whilst the plant (cosmos) had been there for a few weeks, what with all the rain etc. the plant had become quite dense.
Cut the plant checked signal strength & all ok. Wonder why I didn't lose all channels, please I sorted it before paying for engineer.
Ok now call me the names.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back