Sky+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have sky plus now. On the box it said

160GB Hard drive (80GB user)

Or some similar wording. Why can I only use half of the disk's capacity? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Because some of the other half is taken up with Windows OS and a host of other stuff.

I have heard, but do not know if true, that it is possible to tweak the program settings in the box to gain access to something like 40GB extra as this is unused. Like I said, I do not know how credible this is, but as there are RS232 ports on the rear of the sky boxes, it is possible to connect them to a computer so it may be possible to do.

Crafty said:

Or some similar wording. Why can I only use half of the disk's capacity? :confused:

God knows why you want sky in the first place its nothing but adverts every 5 mins does my head in i would cancel if i where paying.

BOB..DOLE said:
Crafty said:

God knows why you want sky in the first place its nothing but adverts every 5 mins does my head in i would cancel if i where paying.
What channel do you watch then bob? Besides the BBC, which channels DONT show adverts every 5 minutes? Perhaps theres a channel I havent heard of on cable TV which is advert free? As it is, we are in a minority to whom cable TV is not available. Sky+ at least provides more opportunity to get around the adverts ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thats what pees me off weather its cable/sky etc.. adverts :mad: some programs are on for 5mins or so then there's an ad. And when the programs near the end they have an ad :confused:

Well I suppose that all the adverts could be banned, but then the subscription fees would be a couple of thousand a month to run the company :confused:

add my doggy box 1 month now got all the channels and find it boring if i where you i would tack up knitting its moor intresting.

wouldn't it be nice if everything was free and available to all, ain't gonna happen nuff said.

Sponsored Links
Back