SLANTED JOISTS

Sponsored Links
foto_no_exif (14).jpg

Yes you did thank you. It was the angle l was interested in and whether the clips would be sufficient thie way.
They will.
They're designed for that.
If you don't believe me, fit one and then try to remove it.
Follow the instructions for fitting (simpson strongtie have them online) and use square twisted nails, although I have seen them fitted with normal nails and screws and they don't move, unless there's a leak and the wood rots.

Sponsored Links
I feel a bit silly for putting the 2x2 half way up the plumb cut now. But I’m telling myself I’ve invented something that would at least allow the very edge of the plasterboard to be supported :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, if we're engineering to that extent (like.. making a proper job of it as if it's our ownnhouse rather than the customer's) let's run a 3x2 ledger through a table saw tilted to the angle of the ceiling.. :)

(I won't tell anyone that a well placed screw line into the corner of the ledger would be fine for edge support..

1706520073492.png

As would using the wall PB to support the ceiling..

ps; I'd do a 2/3rds 1/3rd rule for the ledger support fixings
)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back