Slate roof issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I unfortunately had a dodgy roofer working on my slate roof. The work he did was appalling cracking slates etc. I don't think that he supported his weight while working. Anyway my biggest fear is that he may have deliberately damaged my roof. Someone said that he could have removed the nails holding the slates in so that the roof slates start to fall off. Is it possible he could have done this?
How can I check that he hasn't done this? Any thought much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds extreme why would he feel the need?.. but I guess he could cut the fixings with a ripper and leave the slate in situ.
Checking , there is no easy way other than seeing if the slates slide out by applying slight downward force.

Any pictures?

Well it may have been revenge. The issue occurred because I complained to my insurance company that my roof had been damaged when my neighbours rental house was re roofed. It was the same roofer and I could tell there was bad feeling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back