Slate Tiles / Underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about to start tiling my kitchen floor (concrete).

I have purchased an electric UFH mat from Screwfix, and natural slate tiles from Topps Tiles, along with BAL Flexi adhesive and BAL wide joint grout.
The area of UFH is 3sqm's within the walking area of the room.

The install instructions given with the mat give you 2 options/methods of installation.

1. Lay a 6mm bed of adhesive, then press the mat in this. Then apply another layer of adhesive and tile as normal.

2. Stick mat to floor, then pour a layer of adhesive on top and leave to dry. When dry tile as normal.

The part where I become a little confused is....once I have done the above I will have the border around the mat (the area where the mat isn't)_left to tile. Do I just build up a thick layer of adhesive to the level of the mat???

How do I ensure the tiles are layed square when fitting on top of mat?

Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
You should have bought the warmup cable type from Topps Tiles.

With this you snake the cable up and down the room and put a strip of duck tape over the lenght of the cable to secure it. Then you just tile as you would normally.

Meblin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back