Sleeve anchor bolt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody got any tips on using sleeve anchor bolts? I'm struggling to get them in the holes without damaging the end of the bolts and not being able to remove the nuts.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you wind the nut out a little to cover the end of the bolt and gently hit it home by striking the nut then you will avoid mushrooming the bolt end.

I've always found the best way to fit sleeved anchor bolts is to use two nuts instead of one to drive them in (much less chance of damaging the threads). Then get a short length of tube same size as sleeve, just a gentle tap gets the sleeve to grip. If they came without washers, fit one. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Make sure you're using the right size masonary drill bit and vacuum the dusts out of the hole help as well. I always tap it in with a piece of wood to protect the bolt.

Hitachimad said:
All i said was use the right size drill bit, and drill to the right depth plus a bit to allow for dust. And that generally they have an extended thread that is made to be hit with a hammer.

Why was that moderated?
I think the Moderators are jobsworth w*****s, unlike over at TT.

MOD

if that was what you had posted it would not have been edited

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back