Sliding loft storage doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just had the loft strengthened and boarded out and want to make it look a bit tidy and also use the eves for smaller storage.

Been looking around for sliding track sets at around 3.2m to go from side to side, but they seem really expensive at around £40 per set for a two way! Is this about the right price or are there any cheaper suppliers? I dont need anything fancy as they will be used only a couple of times a week.
Will be using MDF doors of around 9mm thick, 600mm high and 1200mm long ideally in a three track system. Is MDF the most suitable for this?

TIA

Craig P

Sponsored Links
you are better with plug type hatches/doors anything sliding will have clearance gap that will cause heat loss and damp in the attic

I fixed arris rail to horizontals timber to give a vertical face to hang individual panels of mdf off, much easier to use than sliding doors in confined space of loft.

Sponsored Links
I fixed arris rail to horizontals timber to give a vertical face to hang individual panels of mdf off, much easier to use than sliding doors in confined space of loft.

for some reason i thought they meant entry/trap door lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back