Slight concern the wall I'm knocking down is holding the roof up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there about to knock this wall down, it's just a stud wall right? Not supporting the roof?

Thanks for any advice.

20230711_185542.jpg
20230711_185536.jpg
20230711_185524.jpg
20230711_185519.jpg

Sponsored Links
This is beyond my area of expertise, but my gut instinct is that it may may semi structural after the atitc was converted.

At some point, someone smarter than me will offer you advice

It has none of the signs of being a load bearing partition and is 99% certain not to be. Cut square through a stud, one at a time. If there is any downward movement it will become obvious immediately. The upper part of the stud should more or less swing free. If it bites down hard on the lower stud - indicating downward movement - you could always rejoin them with a section of timber and screws. (you won't need to)

Sponsored Links
It has none of the signs of being a load bearing partition and is 99% certain not to be. Cut square through a stud, one at a time. If there is any downward movement it will become obvious immediately. The upper part of the stud should more or less swing free. If it bites down hard on the lower stud - indicating downward movement - you could always rejoin them with a section of timber and screws. (you won't need to)
Thank you for your help I will do as you suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back