1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Slight gap between sink hole cover ok?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by zenonithus, 12 Sep 2020.

1. zenonithus

zenonithus

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hey all, my sink hole cover to the waste doesn't sit flush to the sink hole and there is a slight gap. There is a foam ring as well as silicone underneath to stop any leaks though still a slight gap if you can see. Is this ok to leave or would you recommend more silicone?

DSC_0863.JPG

2. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Are you talking about the way the waste isn't actually sitting square into the basin waste hole? It should sit in there quite neatly unless there's an issue with the waste or the waste hole not being shaped corrcetly.

As long as it isn't leaking down when you fill it with water then nothing else should be needed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I had 3 goes with a Brand Name basin before I got one without a distorted waste hole - NO QC anymore ! Trade has gone to the dogs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zenonithus

zenonithus

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Madrab, that is correct. Yeah no leaking. Seams like the b&Q plumbshare isn't too great as my old sink it fit flush perfectly. My only concern is mold developing in the silicone as water sits in the gap. Though everything seems watertight for now.

6. Sponsored Links