Slight lifts in wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

How do you deal with wallpaper which might have slight lifts on the joins? - Say a section about 4-5 inches long which is lifting slightly... Some newish paper, some older paper... which we will paint soonish... I was thinking it would be a nightmare trying to get wallpaper paste into such a small area... some other kind of precision adhesive seems to be the way, just not sure what!

Any tips or tricks?!

Sponsored Links
So a Google seems to suggest caulk as one solution, so is it basically using a bit of this as if it were glue, roll over it, wipe off the excess with a cloth and bob's your uncle?

I have used Caulking on some of the blown vinyls and this can work ok. On thinner paper, lift the seam slightly with a blade and run a bit of border adhesive into the seam, then wipe of with a damp cloth. A seam roller may assist in making the joint stay flat. Caulking on thinner paper can cause a bump in the paper which may be seen.

Sponsored Links
Ah, this is lining paper, 1400 grade I think. I used a bit last night as I had some spare, it sort of worked. I'll try border adhesive next time I think. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back