Slightly raising Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I extended some of our decking that we currently have. I added another chunk of 1.5m by 3.5m. I made sure it was all in line with the old decking and was happy.

However 2 days later I noticed my new addition has dropped by about 0.5cm. So it's now slightly lower than the original!! Is there any way I can slightly raise my decking by 0.5cm? Or do I need to pull it all up and redo the legs?

I was wondering if I could buy some rubber strips to sit under the decking boards to raise them up? Or maybe wooden strips or what? Could anyone advice on what's best?

The frame is made of wooden joists. With small legs coming down from multiple points all sitting on concrete slabs to raise them off the ground. That might not help... but hopefully won't hurt!!

Cheers

Glen

Sponsored Links
It might be quickest to remove the deck boards and reset the joists they sit on, as the following involves removing the deck boards in any event

You could use plastic packers as pictured below, drilling and fixing through them with screws, or using the weight of the deck boards to retain them, but you would need a lot of them to offset the slight flexing in the deck boards that would occur in the gaps between the packers:

ae235

Or plastic shims like this, which, if the spacing and size are carefully selected, could "wrap round" the screws.

You can Google Broadfix shims and packers to see the different sizes and thicknesses available.

ae235

Cheers,

Blup

That is brilliant. I was just looking at things like that. Very helpful thank you

Glen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back