Slippery bathroom tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am disabled with mobility problems. The tiles on my bathroom flloor make getting in and out of the bath a nightmare. My condition is progressive so I will eventually redo my bathroom completely, so I don't want to do anything costly or really time consuming now if I can avoid it. So for now I'm looking for the best way to make my bathroom floor safe

I've had a rail installed and I'm getting an electric bath lift thingie, so if I can make the floor less slippery I should be okay

The options I am considering are
1. Taking up the tiles and putting down a bit of vinyl. The tiles will eventually have to come up so that work won't be wasted and I have a bit of the slightly textured vinyl left over from my previous house

2. Painting the tiles with some kind of non-slip paint. I've had a look at the website for Protectakote and wondered if this would work in a bathroom

My brother would be doing this for me. He is a reasonably competant diy-er but with no special trade skills

Sponsored Links
Before spending a lot of money, why not try a product called 'HG Permanent Anti-slip', which is a small bottle of liquid you brush onto to smooth surfaces like ceramic etc. Normally around eight quid and might do the trick.
If you google the name, you might find an on line supplier. Alternatively, homebase used to sell it or even better , a reputable independent tile shop.

thanks warehouseman, I googled it and it sounds like it will do the trick, and it's not expensive either

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back