slipping toilet seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just finished installing a new bathroom suite and and the toilet seat which is attached using a rubber washers and wing nuts keeps slipping to one side - which is extremely anoying. I've tried readjusting the hinges, tightening the locking screws etc etc but still no joy. Does anyone out there have a magic solution.

Thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
You can get plastic angle pieces which are attached to the underside of the seat and which extend down into the bowl a short distance. They prevent sidewards movement.

I saw these advertised recently in a flyer but can't remember where.
Don't know if they can only be attached to wooden seats.

Sometimes the wing nuts have a tapered lead in ,to fit into the underside of the toilet.
Or try winding insulating tape or similar around the thread until it takes up the excessive hole size,
Hope this helps.
JonB

I think you'll find the washers that slip are plastic. If you use rubber with a metal backing washer you should be OK.

joe

Sponsored Links
merde les anglaise!!! PAH! en france we orvere ouver zee shower terray. we dispense weeeez zes decadent sitting down techiniques. and its much better for zee healthy bowel movements.

The screws for the toilet seat screw are smaller than the holes in the toilet. No matter how much I tightened eh screws the seat still slipped.

I went to the local hardware store and bought new bolt and nuts (the plastic kind). Then I went to the aisle in which they sold rubber fuel tubing. I found a size that have the same inside diameter as the the diameter of the screws. The Outside diameter of the tubing happens to be the same as the diameter of the hole in the toilet. it took a little work to get the tubing onto the screw after I cut it to length.. Screwed the nuts onto the screws and the thing seems to fit tight. there should be no slippage at all with this arrangement

get some stainless hinges. backnuts.washers and rubber washers plastic hinges are carp

thats what i used to use in the schools

the little gits then decided it was more fun to break the seat
pullhair.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back