Sloping driveway - plans to put down bespoke shed & hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have done my best to research but am still not much wiser.

Last year we rearranged the garden / drive. This involved a lot of work but the end result was that the driveway is shorter and the side of the garden much longer.

We wish to use this new space to do 2 things: (I have included a few pics for assistance)

1) [IN RED] put down a 10 x 8 shed (approx) which ideally would not be rectangular as the fencing is not at 90 degrees.

So, the shed should be going on what is currently compacted hardcore. Unfortunately this is not very flat. Can I just build a square box and concrete / rubble my area for the shed? Or do I need to incorporate other things such as bricks around the edge

Does anybody have any prior experience of a custom shed? Either DIY or a decent but fair priced company to create one and ship it down south?

2)[IN BLUE] Put a very used hot tub in (cannot afford a new one)

The hot tub will weigh over a ton once filled and will be going where the tarmac currently is. Unfortunately, the tarmac is on a big slope. Clearly it is imperative that the new base is very secure.
Just to the top of the tarmac is some kind of maintenance pipe so I am pretty sure that digging downwards is not going to be an option.
Therefore, how can I build up the tarmac slope so that it is level? I am sure that if I just build a box and did the concrete job I would end up with the concrete giving way down the slope eventually?

Any help greatly appreciated.

P1020235.jpg

P1020227.jpg

Sponsored Links
you need to find a ready made shed that fits within your footprint
or a larger one altered by your self for an extra £50-100 get someone to alter it for you for £150 to 200

or a custom built one for around3-5 times the cost off a mass produced one

Thanks for the reply.
I am glad you agree with my own views about the custom shed. I did say that it would be ridiculously expensive.

Any ideas on how best to overcome the slope issue for a concrete base please?

Out of interest, is there any reason why the shed has to follow the fence and path lines? if you're laying a new base, then the currently planned footprint will disappear, wont it? or have I missed the point?

Other options are to buy a standard shed, and then if you need to use an odd shaped space, maybe build some storage, say for cleaning equipment for your hot tub?

Sponsored Links
In reference to the bespoke shed I had a similiar situation for a bike shed, the area couldn't come out very far from the exsisting fence as it would cut out lighjt to a window and encroach on the area that will be paved for a patio. I solved the problem by putting another fence in this case 4 feet or 1200mm (i.e. 2 slab widths) from the the exsisting fence and then simply roofing over the top with coroline sheeting. I've created a space or shed that is thus 4 X 12 feet in size.
Here's a couple of shots to give you an idea. Please note I've not finished staining it or levelled the ground in front of it yet :oops:
_IGP8065.jpg

_IGP8066.jpg

yep nice job whilst its a good job its a simple job compared to the other one that would only have altered components as no single panel will have 4 paralell sides

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back