slow fan condensation build up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem 6 days ago with my worcester 28i junior

we got an engineer out and he said that the fan is a bit slow and because of the cold weather its causing condensation build up in a pipe , which just needs to be emptyed in order for the boiler to work again, sort of a quick fix

long term we can replace the fan which is expensive or try a shield (if they do one)

so the boiler has broke again this morning (its worked ok for 3 days) but the problem is i don't know which pipe needs emptying, can any one help me,

Sponsored Links
If theres a white plastic pipe going out side from your boiler,either pour hot water over it or heat it with a hair drier.

I would guess its not a condensing model.

There is a Worcester instant model about 12 years old which has thin tubes going to a part at the lower right hand side underneath the combustion chamber which should not be opened by a DIYer.

Its quite common for condensation to get into those tubes and prevent the part from operating.

Can you take and post a picture of the lower part of your boiler with the white outer cover lifted off?

Tony

i think i sussed it out theres 2 small rubber tubes in the top left section that connect to the fan, i disconnected the orange one and a bit of water came out

then it started working again, this makes sense with what the engineer said
"the fan is slightly slow which causes condensation in the pipe"

im hoping the problem will go away when the weather gets warmer

oh and i belive the boiler is about 6 years old

Sponsored Links
I doubt the fan is on a go slow.

Possibly the flue is tipped back towards the boiler?

The flue should slope DOWN about 3 degrees towards the outside!

What does yours do?

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back