condensate trap not emptying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
new boiler fitted by another installer yesterday, but he's away on holiday. customers heating comes on then hour later it goes, found condensate trap full of water. Emptied water ,heating came back on and then condensate trap fill back up and heatings goes off, but boilers green light is on to say its still fired up . turned heating to off position but still stays fired up.So emptied trap again now heating wont go on either.
Any ideas
its a worcester junior 24i greenstar combi

Sponsored Links
its a worcester junior 24i greenstar combi
:rolleyes:

Will there ever be one that is installed correctly?

It has got to be a blockage somewhere, maybe access glue in a joint?
Flexible connector buckled?
Debris in/near the trap?

Sponsored Links
never saw any the water coming out ,but i put a sheet of paper in the drain and found that water had come out of pipe as it was wet.
Why does it boiler continous run even when central heating is turned off

Why does it boiler continous run even when central heating is turned off

timer/roomstat bodged.

Just out of curiosity, was the benchmark filled out correctly, and if so does it look like real measurements or are the figures copied from the book?

This model seems to be fitted (almost) exclusively by cowboys; you can expect things to be botched.

I often find very poor work when people call with problems on a newish boiler and "had a good plumber, but he is conveniently not there as he is on holiday/moved to Spain/retired/....." And coincidentally they just can't find his name or number.

was called to one last month which was fitted a couple of weeks before, it worked perfectly well then cut out, the condensate pipe was about 2m long and full, it was connected into a mcalpine washine machine trap and the guy had forgot to cut the end off the spigot, so it worked until the pipe filled up and shut the boiler down, so it couldnt have been condensing much as it took more than 2 weeks to fill up 2m of 19mm pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back