Slow flow from Kitchen Taps!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a had a full new central heating system installed in my terraced house, including a new supply direct from the mains. The supply comes in via a 22mm plastic pipe and is connected via the stopcock then to standard copper through to the combi boiler a Glow worm 30si, from here it feeds the bathroom and then to the kitchen, the supply of water/hot water is fine up there but in the kithen its crap!!! is it likely to be down to the taps used in the kitchen, as I am concerned that the slow flow through them could cause damage to the boiler.[/i][/b]

Sponsored Links
Is it just the hot water flow that's poor, or cold too?

Are there any service valves for those taps, under the sink?

Is it a mixer tap? If so, is there a nozzle on the tap spout?

If so, have you checked that it's clear?

Perhaps one of those lovely modern taps with pipes the size of biros?

Your right it is a new tap with the small flex conections but there the same size as the ones on the bathroom tap which is fine.
The cold is quite slow too, there are service valves on them but there fully open.

It is a mixer tap, there is a mesh type of filter on the end, could this be slowing things down?

Sponsored Links
Strange problem this, wonder if the tap is at fault? .... just a maybe :confused:

The mesh at end of mixer should be removeable. Take it off and clean it.

Flex connectors should be a short as possible and ensure that they are not kinked or twisted.

However problem is probably that the taps are designed for higher pressure than you have.

Softus said:
Is it a mixer tap? If so, is there a nozzle on the tap spout?

If so, have you checked that it's clear?
Roomey said:
It is a mixer tap, there is a mesh type of filter on the end, could this be slowing things down?
Rather than theorise, I recommend that you actually check that it is actually clear.

BTW, if it is scaled up, you can descale it using some kettle descaling type of chemical treatment type stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back