smacking kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelinik said:
No but a good diet certianly wouldn't do him any harm!

A 13 year old who behaves like that is likely to wallop you back if you hit him so I don't see how that helps. I think the key is carrot as opposed to stick with kids with serious behaviour problems as often they are insecure and attention seeking and you only give them attention by punishing them. This is somewhat of a generalisation but in my experience children like this often come from difficult backgrounds/homelives and often have been smacked by their parents so your smacking theory doesn't work out!

I was born on a rough council estate. In the school of 1000 kids I went to there were NO problem children. Not one. Why weren't we insecure? Why didn't we have diificult homelives? Gimme the answer - not waffle.

joe

MOD 2

calm it down

Sponsored Links
You’re struggling to come up with an acceptable reason to hit children?

If there are children as young as six with the yob mentality then that’s the parent’s fault (not because they do not hit their children but because they do not spend quality time with their children)

The younger you start educating children the easier it is, in your case it could be to late,but I hope not

The parent’s who have kids with the yob mentality had parents with your mentality, so most of the problems come from your generation.

You are very much draconian and very tunnelled vision.
The world has changed immensely from when you were a child in the 30’s

What do yobs do? hit
How do you stop yobs? hit them
What are you? a yob

Scott

I'M WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO TELL ME WHY THERE WERE NO YOB KIDS IN SCHOOL IN THE 60S.

joe

joe-90 said:
Gimme the answer - not waffle.

There isn't an easy answer and anyone who says there is is mistaken, including you! I wasn't waffling I was answering one of your questions so there was no need to be rude to me!

And I didn't say that all kids with difficult home lives would be problem kids, only that in my experience the vast majority of 'problem' kids have difficult home lives which is not the same thing at all!

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
I'M WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO TELL ME WHY THERE WERE NO YOB KIDS IN SCHOOL IN THE 60S.

joe

Because kids were disciplined! No one has said that kids shouldn't be disciplined, only that they shouldn't be hit! If we could return parenting to what it was in the 60's, but take out the smacking and replace it with other forms of discipline then we might well have the answer.

OK - so what is your answer? Let's suppose that one of those problem kids was attacking one of your own. Would you stand around wringing your hands saying 'Stop, Naughty child knocking 8 bells out of my Jamie, Stop it, you hear?"

We are dealing with young, violent thugs that have now moved on to stabbing their peers.

When are YOU and people like you going to say "ENOUGH".

There are no yobs in Singapore.

joe

joe-90 said:

joe

It’s rather lame,
Because you hit children in 60’s we should still hit them now.

You're struggling.

Scott

scott1968 said:
joe-90 said:

joe

It’s rather lame,

You're struggling.

Scott

You have no answer do you? Let's hear YOUR solution (he won't have one).

joe

joe-90 said:
We are dealing with young, violent thugs that have now moved on to stabbing their peers.

Yes exactly and something needs to be done about it, never said anyhting to the contrary!

joe-90 said:
When are YOU and people like you going to say "ENOUGH".

I'm genuinely confused as to why you are so black and white with it being either smacking or nothing? And I really don't like you saying 'people like you' when you know nothing about me! I can only assume from that that you make all you judgements about someone by whether they are for hitting kids or against it? If that's the case I won't waste my time by discussing this with you any further as you obviously have no interest in listening to anything I have to say! :confused:

You are not arguing with me. You are arguing against history. Previous generations had fathers returning from the wars with army discipline. Schools ruled by the rod. It was a line in the sand. Cross the line and you got a hiding. You didn't HAVE to cross it! But you knew what would happen if you did. This gave the kids a black and white division between right and wrong.

Now days when kids need a hiding the parents go blaming themselves or looking on the soup label for E numbers.

Why can't you see what is so clearly obvious? Discipline backed up by punishment worked. When it was taken away society falls apart.

And answer my question re bullying of your own child.

joe

joe-90 said:
scott1968 said:
joe-90 said:

joe

It’s rather lame,

You're struggling.

Scott

You have no answer do you? Let's hear YOUR solution (he won't have one).

joe

I have already said it EDUCATION,

Obviously your not up to date with that word " EDUCATION"

You should actually read the posts?

I have two children,
Not yobs
Not smacked

But they do spend good quality time with their parents.

Do a goggle search "children's behaviour problems"

And go and educate yourself?

Scott.

Obviously your not up to date with that word " EDUCATION"

I guess *you're* having me on huh?

How do you educate a yob? He'll just tell you to fook-off.

joe

joe-90 said:
Why can't you see what is so clearly obvious? Discipline backed up by punishment worked. When it was taken away society falls apart.

But why does punishment have to be physical? Like I said I really don't understand your view on this so please explain.

Kelinik said:
joe-90 said:

But why does punishment have to be physical? Like I said I really don't understand your view on this so please explain.

A yob will just tell you to 'fook off'. Then what?

joe

We were talking about disciplining children, ie preventing them from becoming yobs in the first place - why does punishment have to be physical in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back