smacking kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelinik said:
We were talking about disciplining children, ie preventing them from becoming yobs in the first place - why does punishment have to be physical in your opinion?

And what if the child refuses to do as told? Do you just stand around raving like those thick women I see in the supermarket? Well? what do you do if the child becomes a yob at 14? You live in a world of fluffy fairies.

joe

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
And what if the child refuses to do as told?

If my kids don't do as they are told they get punished! How you are obviously not interested in hearing how so I won't waste my time.

joe-90 said:
You live in a world of fluffy fairies.

You have absolutely NO idea about the world I live in and therefore you have no right to make comments like that! It seems that if you can't win people round to your way of thinking you are rude to them which is a shame because I was enjoying the discussion until that point. I won't be replying to any further posts.

This is just a perception thing, but from visiting, I would say that this country has a greater problem with 'yobbishness' than France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Sweden, Belgium and, in fact, most of Western Europe, and none of those countries are noticeably more smack-happy than Britain. The problems are cured through society, not smacking.

You are also trying to equate discipline with smacking, using the army as an example - I am not aware that Sergeant Majors are allowed to smack their privates, except in a purely euphemistic sense. Discipline is one thing, smacking is another.

Finally, what do you propose doing if your smack is not the cure-all you profess it to be ? Is it OK to break a finger for those who smacking doesn't work on ?

joe-90 said:
Kelinik said:
We were talking about disciplining children, ie preventing them from becoming yobs in the first place - why does punishment have to be physical in your opinion?

And what if the child refuses to do as told? Do you just stand around raving like those thick women I see in the supermarket? Well? what do you do if the child becomes a yob at 14? You live in a world of fluffy fairies.

joe

If you educate children early enough there would be less yobs,

lets go back to the 60's when there was no crime,
there was still yobs in the 60's

Scott

Sponsored Links
scott1968 said:
joe-90 said:
Kelinik said:

joe

Scott

You remember the 60s do you?

joe

Kelinik said:
joe-90 said:

If my kids don't do as they are told they get punished! How you are obviously not interested in hearing how so I won't waste my time.

joe-90 said:

You have absolutely NO idea about the world I live in and therefore you have no right to make comments like that! It seems that if you can't win people round to your way of thinking you are rude to them which is a shame because I was enjoying the discussion until that point. I won't be replying to any further posts.

Mock indignation is a well-known method to bow out of an argument being lost.

joe

joe-90 said:
scott1968 said:
joe-90 said:
Kelinik said:

joe

Scott

joe

Yes
From History and Education of the 60's

Scott

johnny_t said:
This is just a perception thing, but from visiting, I would say that this country has a greater problem with 'yobbishness' than France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Sweden, Belgium and, in fact, most of Western Europe, and none of those countries are noticeably more smack-happy than Britain. The problems are cured through society, not smacking.

You are also trying to equate discipline with smacking, using the army as an example - I am not aware that Sergeant Majors are allowed to smack their privates, except in a purely euphemistic sense. Discipline is one thing, smacking is another.

Finally, what do you propose doing if your smack is not the cure-all you profess it to be ? Is it OK to break a finger for those who smacking doesn't work on ?

We've tried it your way for the past 35 years - that's why we are in the mess we are in today.

If discipline doesn't work - then incarcerate them.

Now let's hear how YOU would sort the mess. It's all very well saying this and that to whatever I say, but what would YOU do with a bullying yob that attacks his teachers and carries a knife?

joe

johnny_t said:

I would go as far to say there is less smacking in these countries

scott1968 said:
joe-90 said:
scott1968 said:
joe-90 said:
Kelinik said:

joe

Scott

joe

Yes

Scott

In other words you don't have a clue.

joe-90 said:
Kelinik said:
joe-90 said:

joe-90 said:

Mock indignation is a well-known method to bow out of an argument being lost.

joe

They know it's hard to get through to a YOB mentality

Scott

joe-90 said:
scott1968 said:
joe-90 said:
scott1968 said:
joe-90 said:
Kelinik said:

joe

Scott

joe

Yes

Scott

In other words you don't have a clue.

Plenty of stabbings in the 60's

joe-90 said:
Let's have the figures then,

Lets not change the debate yet,
Because that is all you have been doing to justify your brainless idea that hitting children is acceptable.

Under your draconian rules the only why I can change you mind is to give you a good kicking.

My children are not YOBS and they do not get smacked.

The only YOB I have came across today is you,
Were you abused as a child (abused also includes hit as a child)?

MOD 2

second warning calm it down BOTH OF YOU

scott1968 said:
joe-90 said:
Let's have the figures then,

Lets not change the debate yet,
Because that is all you have been doing to justify your brainless idea that hitting children is acceptable.

Under your draconian rules the only why I can change you mind is to give you a good kicking.

My children are not YOBS and they do not get smacked.

The only YOB I have came across today is you,
Were you abused as a child (abused also includes hit as a child)?

I got the occasional smack when I really asked for it. All forgotten within an hour - but i learned to behave.

I notice that you have no figures for knifings in the 60s - yet it was you that made the claim.

Now tell me (how many times must I ask), how would YOU deal with a 14 year old that attacks his teachers and bullies his peers.

You must have the answer or you wouldn't be arguing.

So let's hear it.

joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back