Small Concrete Posts with a hole at the top for a chain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for some small say 3 feet long concrete posts with a hole in the top to take a chain. I want to use these posts and chain to edge my front grass verge from the road as we live on a country lane.

At the moment we use rocks but they look tatty and the post and chain idea will be better.

However I can't find a product on the internet. I'm possibly using the incorrect search words. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Or you could buy them and cut them to length you want and drill holes in the top. Could potentially be a cheaper option

Sponsored Links
You could make your own posts. Make a box the size you and fill it with concrete, wait a week or more and remove the post. (the easiest way to crack them is to move them before the concrete has cured enough, don't be tempted to rush this) If you design the box form it is easy to make two or four each time. A length of plastic waste pipe should be the right size for the hole for the chain and if you add some ree-bar they will be very strong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back