Small cooker splashback needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heat from the cooker has caused the glass dg unit to crack. Well that's what the tenant has told me.

The window ledge (all tiled) sits about 5cm above the top of the cooker and the ledge has a depth of 10cm. The heat from the cookers oven does come out of the back upwards.

So I was thinking of putting a small panel across the window ledge - no more than 10cm high to stop this happening in the future. Can anyone direct me to where I can get one of these as all the cooker splash backs seem to be 50cm high.

Sponsored Links
So you have a cooker under a window ,presume it has a hob as well. Not a very good place for it , and I doubt it has caused your d,glazed window to crack . can't you find a better place for it ?

What material?
You could buy a standard stainless one and have it cut down, or buy a door kickplate and use that?

So you have a cooker under a window ,presume it has a hob as well. Not a very good place for it , and I doubt it has caused your d,glazed window to crack . can't you find a better place for it ?

Its a small kitchen. Its the only place it could go. The position of the cooker has not changed. Had old units in the kitchen for 20 odd years never a problem but this new unit the dg has cracked.

Sponsored Links
What material?
You could buy a standard stainless one and have it cut down, or buy a door kickplate and use that?

Its a standalone gas cooker - Are there cooker attachment that you add to the back of the cooker so it deflects the heat - a simple panel?

Can anyone direct me to where I can get one of these as all the cooker splash backs seem to be 50cm high.

Get my bespoke splash backs and other stainless steel panels from lakelandsteel,they have an ebay shop.

Well that's what the tenant has told me.
Maybe run the idea past your gas contractor who does your landlord certs.

Had old units in the kitchen for 20 odd years never a problem but this new unit the dg has cracked.
you have had a good run,consider a new kitchen.Move the units so the cooker (or new oven&hob) is not under a window and fit a cooker extractor hood.

Good luck :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back