Small gaps between flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some of this fancy Laminte vinyl planks fitted in my bathroom and I'm delighted with how it looks. The only thing bugging me is that there are a few noticeable gaps where the planks meet (glue was use beneath prior to install). Any ideas of how to make these less noticeable? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 627
Sponsored Links
PS it's not actually laminate wood it's just planks that resemble laminate but they are bendable I'm guessing Lino

They are LVT planks - luxury vinyl tiles

Looks like a DIY job or a Floorlayer who doesn't fit many as you never have the headers in line like that.

Gaps will be from -
Wrong adhesive used
Wrong trowel used with adhesive
Planks not acclimatised
Planks laid to warm then have cooled down.
Planks not rolled.

Sponsored Links
They are LVT planks - luxury vinyl tiles

Looks like a DIY job or a Floorlayer who doesn't fit many as you never have the headers in line like that.

Gaps will be from -
Wrong adhesive used
Wrong trowel used with adhesive
Planks not acclimatised
Planks laid to warm then have cooled down.
Planks not rolled.

Or just not enough attention to detail. Not really anything you can do now without pulling it up.

Ok thanks. Might just get Lino laid instead. Could the people laying the Lino lay it on top or would it have to be ripped up? I had plywood laid to make the floor even but worries the glue would make it uneven again if I lifted the planks.

From what can be seen in the pic there's nothing essentially wrong with the floor or its covering beyond, as observed above, it being an amateurish job.
Dont rip anything up or start laying sheet vinyl on top of the LVT - it doesn't appear to be necessary.

If you have gaps get a Bradel and pull down each joint which will compress and close the wear layer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back