Gaps in hardwood flooring AFTER INSTALATION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just had a Engineered Hardwood floor installed. Once the floor was installed I noticed "Gaps" between the planks ( plank size 3" x 4") Most of these gaps are between the END part of the planks, even though there are several gaps along the sides of the planks.
theese 'Gaps" are approx. the size of a Credit card, some a little wider and some a little narrower.
I understand there are going to be some "HAIRLINE" gaps, (here and there) and there is an Industury standard, However the gaps in my floor are an EXCESSIVE amount ( in about a 12' x 6 " area... aprox half of the end boards have gaps of this nature) The total area of my floor is about 800 sf. and the gaps are through out the entire floor section.
I belive that even though that there is an industury standard and "some" gaps are expected. However......
In my case I belive that it is an installation issue...?????
PLEASE COMMENT.....

Sponsored Links
ckjewell said:
I just had a Engineered Hardwood floor installed. Once the floor was installed I noticed "Gaps" between the planks ( plank size 3" x 4")

3 inch by 4 inch planks, in metric 8cm by 10 cm = parquet blocks?? (or am I missing something?)
Consistency is gaps makes me wonder if the blocks (planks?) were to 'wet' when they were installed.

I need some more info from you, please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back