Small leak in flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
We have a small leak in the corner of the kitchen ceiling this part is on the flat roof, the dining room next to it connects to sloping roof.
I have approached a roofer they are ringing me tomorrow to arrange to come out for a quote.
They said it looks as
though the flashing and seal has gone on the flat roof that connects to sloping.
I am really worried that this repair could run into the hundreds to fix.
Has anyone got any advice, I have been up on the roof today cleared any moss from up there, cleaned out gutters, and applied roof repair from a tin but I am still getting the slow drip leak.

Sponsored Links
why not post photos of detail an general roof area?

DSC_0180.JPG

its difficult to sort out whats happenin at the eaves - where is the gutter - is ther a gutter
or is what looks like a gutter the tiled roofin felt projectin out from the first course of tiles?

an is the felt upstand - what your roofer maybe called flashing - pullin away from its fixin?
thers no sign of an angel fillet - the angle fillet eases the transition from flat to vertical.
usly the a/fillet is set an the felt runs over an up the upstand where its then fixed - in good practice a cover flashin comes down ove r the upstand.

thers a missin hip tile up the hip an various broken or cracked plain tilesin the roof fields.
at the bottom of the hip thers a cock up.
what youve done is the well wrong thing to do.
but it wont make much difference because the lower hip tiles an surroundin tiles will be pulled, replaced maybe an re-arranged properly.

your plain tiles are about 80 yrs old i'd guess an will be fragile.
so ask the rroofers to use roof ladders if they go up the roof, an not to walk on the plain tiles.
your tiles are good for a few years yet.

Sponsored Links
We moved into our new property couple of months ago, there is a gutter then runs straight across at bottom of tiles/flatroof that runs straight across.
I prob need to upload some more pictures tomorrow as I don't think I am making much sense.

I can't see how this isn't going to run into the hundreds to fix though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back