Small leak in sunroom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, after a little advice if possible. We moved into a 1930s semi a few months the ago. The sunroom (built ten years ago) has a small leak in the corner. We are assuming this is the roof. It is low pitched (from googling so far I think the pitch is too low for the tiles).

However I'm reluctant to retile or change the pitch for the tiniest of leaks in one corner. Money is a tad tight at the moment and we have loads of other renovations going on. The leak happens in heavy rain only. I've attached photos. Hopefully these help illustrate the issue. You'll see from the photos that in the corner where the leak is we have water marking on the brickwork. Could this be water escaping between the gutter and fascia? Would this cause an internal leak? Any advice of what we can do is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

20220915_133957.jpg20220915_133853.jpg20220915_133926.jpg

Sponsored Links
The rainwater has imo been getting through since it was built due to its low pitch only now the felt or membrane has possibly started to degrade. I would lift the tiles at that corner to ascertain the condition of the felt.

The rainwater has imo been getting through since it was built due to its low pitch only now the felt or membrane has possibly started to degrade. I would lift the tiles at that corner to ascertain the condition of the felt.
What would be considered a reasonable pitch to mitigate these types of leaks ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back