Small prang....best resolution?

Sponsored Links
As he said he was not intending to make a claim, I was surprised his insurance was trying to contact me the next morning, so he at least told them of the incident....which...I guess, forced me to make my insurance aware, even if I was not making a claim either.

so

a) Would you have done the same as above, and told your insurance that an incident took place, even if minor.
b) Gentleman's agreement at the time, based on the fact it seemed minor that neither of you would even contact the insurance.
c) Something else?
(A). You definitely did the right thing and it won’t come back to bite you on the bum at a later date. Remember though, for the next 5 years you will have to declare this no fault/no claim incident on any insurance application you make if you change insurers. You should see it already noted by your insurer when you get your renewal invitation.

Sponsored Links
If you want an idea of how much it will affect you, use a price comparison website to do a quote for someone like you (different name, birthday), driving a car like yours (get a reg off autotrader), living near you (same postcode, different house number) both with and without the incident noted

Back