Small ramp on path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a patio that sits 4cm above an existing concrete path 90cm wide.

This is a trip hazard and want to blend in the patio to the path by constructing a concrete ramp.

How long should this be to safely blend in the height difference?

Also how do I prevent the ramp falling apart? What mix should I go for? Do I add fibreglass into the mix? Should I cut grooves into the path with an angle grinder to key the ramp?

Please help .

Sponsored Links
If you want a ramp, to wheel things over it will need to be min 20cm, but if its just to stop a foot strike, then you can round it off. Or buy an ending stone.

If you go down the concrete route a couple of zink screws in to the concrete to help it key will help. Just don't try to smooth the ramp completely in to the path, its likely to chip off. Of course the other option is to Kango the end of the path off and create a new integrated concrete ramp.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the replies and great advice. I will attempt to incorporate them in as best as possible - hopefully without messing it up :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back