Small tiles piece at door entry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm setting out the tiles and have a question regarding a small pieces just by the door.

Will it be ok to tile this in with a narrow cut just by the door entry or should I pull all the tiles in and make a cut in a full piece and cut the others along the wall down too?

Attachments

• 20160416_194157.jpg
    20160416_194157.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 185
Sponsored Links
Hi

Wondering if any is able to advise me on this please?

Couple of things:
Could you post a photo showing the wider doorway and threshold?
Are you wanting to fill the threshold gap between the metal carpet strip and the tile field?
The tile seems to be already fixed and grouted - is it or is it just how i'm seeing it?

Hi Vinn

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I do hope to fit a threshold between the hallway and bathroom door.

And can confirm the tiles are now fitted but am slightly unsure if the small piece right by the door (which I have not yet fitting) will be a issue in terms of staying secure.

This is my first attempt at tiling so sorry apologies in advance if the question sounds very basic.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I don't have another picture at present.
If you see the picture uploaded there's a bit of plywood showing.
That's right by the door.

It should be fine especially as it will presumably be covered by the new threshold (if i understand you right?).
Typically when tiling you should stay away from small off-cuts but its not all that important.

Why not use a nice bit of sloping decorative wood (ie a big threshold) in that gap instead of tiling. Glue and pin it down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back