Smart Air Boost: Gimmick?

Sponsored Links
Why do people spend on gimmicky tat money they could spend on insulation

The concept is that the air is pushed forward instead of rising straight up

Radiators create a convection current, hot air comes out the rad, goes up to the ceiling and works it’s way across the room, cooling on its way and at the other side falls as cooler air and then gets drawn back towards the radiator at low level

As that circular motion continues, the air temperature raises.

The question is whether the smart fan overall pushes more warm air at a lower level, I’m not convinced….but it might work. I guess if it pushes out warm air towards you, which reaches you before going upwards, it might create a greater perception of warmth. I’d guess you have to closest to the rad to feel that, in which case you might be feeling the radiated heat anyway

It could heat up room faster by accelerating convection currents

Sponsored Links
Apart from some craft ales (y)

Not so sure. I haven't bought into the craft ales thing. I always steer clear. Seems a bit gimicky and aimed at hipsters. When I see the names and garish designs on bottles and cans I always imagine it being popular with people who drive 'vee-dubs'. Real ale only for me, even if it sometimes has a CAMRA chunky beards and sweaters following. But I admit that maybe a generation ago dyed in the wool light split drinkers would have seen any beer classed as 'real ale' as trying a bit too hard or a sales gimmick.

Not saying I'm right..........................

No, I think you are right.

I was a bit hasty in my original reply.

Real ale for me too, or a decent European pilsner or lager, or a German or Belgian beer.......

Should work well. Just looks a bit odd.

These Kick heaters work in the same way ish.
They are tapped into the heating flow & return and have a small fan blowing out.

This one is in the plymth of my kitchen.
20240225_195739.jpg

And this one is on the bottom run of my stairs.
20240225_195749.jpg

Great if you have no wall for a radiator.

Sponsored Links
Back