Smart Alarm recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We’ve had a couple of garage break ins near me and it’s made me think about home security.

I’d like to get a decent security system set up. I’d like to also make use of newer technology rather than the traditional bell box and sensors.

Can anyone recommend the best diy set up smart alarm system?

I’d like it to have a couple of pet friendly sensors, two door sensors, garage door alarm (if opened unexpectedly), a few window contact sensors. Something that would alert me via an app to any activations too.

I’m not fussed about cctv cameras as I was going to get a separate system for this. I guess if a system had cameras too that record decent footage I’d consider it.

Does something like this exist? I’ve seen the Panasonic one on maplin website but it doesn’t seem to have good reviews.

Any recommendations or pointing me in the right direction would be appreciate.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I set it up DIY with no previous experience of alarm systems. It was pretty easy, though takes a bit of reading to understand terms like entry route and final exit etc. Loads of info on this forum already which explains it all. The effort is worth it though as you get a lot more functionality than an off the shop shelf option.

I would say I wasn’t impressed by the pet sensors though as I think they create too much of a blind spot. I just removed them as I didn’t need them.

Sponsored Links
Avoid using WiFi for alarm reporting. Having a hard wired connection to your router is much more reliable. Also consider some others like Texecom and Honeywell Galaxy.

Thanks for the advice so far.

I've noted some of the systems and will do some more research as to which one is best.

Be aware that the Pyronix application is quite clunky and basic. Pyronix also charge for using the application which is unbelievable in this 'smart' age of applications.

I'm not going to pay for using the application this year. My house has many smart products but this is one of the poorest in terms of usability.

The alarm system itself is good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back