Smart Door Lock Coice Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can short-circuit my research into replacing the utterly useless Yale Conexis L1 smart lock I have had this past 2 years?
I want one that senses when I am within ~10 feet or so of the door and unlocks it automatically by the time I get to it based on the presence of my mobile phone. I *don't* want to have to fanny about with fobs, access codes or apps, day-to-day. I appreciate lots of them will have 'geo-fencing' capabilities but in my experience these are a bit unreliable if based on wifi so I expect it'll have to be bluetooth-operated. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a rubbish idea, similar to cars with keyless entry/ignition.
If whats behind the door needs securing then live with the need for a fob/card/swipe your phone.

Sponsored Links
I want one that senses when I am within ~10 feet or so of the door and unlocks it automatically by the time I get to it based on the presence of my mobile phone.
May as well just leave it unlocked.
The 'security' offered by such devices is next to useless.

Thank you for your coments but they do not answer my question. I did not post anticipating a lecture on lock efficacy, whatever the type!

Unfortunately it appears no one has experience with these enough to recommend any particular brand or model for your application.

There are several on the market and it might be better to search on the available options and see if anyone has passed comment on how good or bad they are.

I can see many are able to link into home automation systems and maybe those groups are better for a recommendation.

https://www.ultion-lock.co.uk/ultion-nuki/ sounds like you are after something like this? that is not a recommendation not familiar with that specific product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back